Charles William Dyson Perrins was the grandson of William Perrins (the co-originator of the recipe of the famous Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce) and the son of James Dyson Perrins who owned the Lea & Perrins factory in Worcester. He was born in Claines, just to the north of Worcester, but he lived much of his life in Malvern.
Although being born into a wealthy family, he himself went on to be a successful businessman, running the sauce factory when his father died and using his fortune to benefit both the local community and the nation. He also acquired and became Chairman of the troubled Royal Worcester Factory in Worcester in 1934, having already purchased their museum collection in 1926 to assist the company's cash flow. This collection is now housed in the Museum of Royal Worcester (formally Worcester Porcelain Museum). Interestingly, during the Second World War, some of this collection was packaged up and stored in the cellars of Madresfield Court in Malvern.
In Oxford, where he had studied at The Queen's College, he was to fund the Dyson Perrins Chemistry Laboratory. In Worcester he bequeathed funds for the Perrins Hall at The Royal Grammar School in honour of his father.
In Malvern, he provided the endowment for the Dyson Perrins CofE Academy, as well as the funding for the Malvern Community Hospital which opened in 1911 and is now the site of the new hospital building.