The Tourist Information Centre in Great Malvern is towards the top of Church Street in the centre of the town, on the right as you walk up the hill. The staff here are extremely knowledgeable about the area and always keen to help, in addition to having numerous leaflets, brochures and books that could be useful to you as a visitor.
QR Codes Plaques
Throughout Great Malvern you will see small plaques with a square of black and white smaller squares on them. These are QR Codes. For example, on the car park ticket machine pictured on the right, the QR Code Plaque is affixed in the top right corner.
Reading the QR Codes
To read the QR Code plaques, you need to have a smart phone (for example an iphone, Blackberry or Android phone).
- Download a free app from your app store to enable you to read these codes.
- Once you have this app on your phone, allow the camera to view the QR code and then approve the website request.
- Your phone will then open the website with the associated tourist information, walking directions to the Hills and special offers available at near-by businesses. This information is tailored to the location in which you are in when you scan the QR Code.
QR Code Plaque Locations
The following locations have QR Code plaques. Many more are expected to be added in the future.
- Notice board outside the Great Malvern Station, next to the taxi rank
- The red gates outside the Malvern Splash Leisure Complex and Priory Park
- The gate at the Orchard Road entrance to Priory Park
- The Malvern Priory stone gate post on Church Street
- Malvinha water spout on Belle Vue Island
- Holywell Spring
- Notice board at Park Wood Lime Kilns, West Malvern
Also at Malvern Hills District Council owned pay and display car parks:
- Belle Vue Terrace Car Park, Malvern
- Edith Walk Car Park, Malvern
- Grange Road Car Park (North), Malvern
- Grange Road Car Park (South), Malvern
- Priory Road Car Park (North), Malvern
- Priory Road Car Park (South), Malvern (Also Provides Coach Parking Facilities)